Friday, March 13, 2015

First real day back after competition

Wow, I had no idea how exhausting a week of competition could be. I took three days off this week! I could barely move yesterday, and to be honest I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. I felt like the Tin Man in need of oil.

But, as a fellow skater at Pickwick Ice told me this morning, that's the time when you MUST get up and keep going.  Keep the blood flowing to those areas of your body that are sore and fatigued. Makes sense.

By the second session, I felt like my joints had been oiled, and I was able to do all my jumps and spins without too much effort. My new mantra as I jump is "UP!" Literally, I physically say to myself "UP" every time I jump (as opposed to "around") and it does make a difference!  I want to be jumping higher when I get to Salt Lake City.

So, I'm throwing down the gauntlet: Starting Monday, I am going to run my tech program 2 times. I will run that program 2 times a day from now until Nationals. Endurance & strength - those are my goals.

More later!


UP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment